This qualifies for free shipping in Australia and Singapore
This is the ultimate upgrade to fully maximise the power output of your BMW N55 engine with Pneumatic Wastegate (MWG). The turbo compressor wheel is increased in size enabling extra boost pressures and thus increased horsepower at higher engine speeds all the while retaining efficiency and staying within specified operating temperatures.
At high boost your factory turbo will produce higher exhaust temperatures than a Dinan Turbo Upgrade as the OEM turbo is operating outside of factory specs. This results in potential lost power and also may reduce longevity of the turbo.
These upgrades aren't standard rebuilds but rather brand new units with a new stock turbine custom cast and manufactured with an upgraded thrust system to ensure reliable and prolonged life.
Benefits of the Dinan Big Turbo for the N55 MWG / PWG Engine:
- No core charge or core return is required.
- Brand new upgraded turbo that is custom cast and manufactured with an upgraded thrust system.
- Larger billet compressor/impeller wheel that allows ~30% greater flow over stock which then enables additional boost to be realized while retaining efficiency.
- Brand new stock turbine.
- Turbo assembly is compatible with both mechanical/vacuum and electric wastegate vehicles.
- Claimed Peak power: 428 HP @ 5500 RPM and 443 ft-lbs @ 4500 RPM and a max gain of 122 HP @ 6000 RPM and 107 ft-lbs @ 6000 RPM when coupled with other Dinan Performance upgrades (Data from F30 335i MWG w/ MPPK and automatic transmission. Other variants may produce different results).
- Dinan Installation instructions detail a procedure which is quicker than BMW's turbo replacement procedure saving the end-user money and time at the shop (Applicable to RWD vehicles only).
- Includes o-rings and gaskets needed for complete installation on a RWD vehicle only. If installing on an xDrive vehicle Dinan P/N D313-0117 is required for additional installation hardware.